Your local NHS is asking people for their comments about proposals to offer fairer access to six healthcare services in mid and south Essex.
Join our discussion event in Southend-on-Sea on 24 November and find out more.
The Forum Southend, Elmer Square, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 1NS
5:30pm to 7:00pm.
- The Forum: Talk to us about service harmonisation (Southend-on-Sea) – Mid and South Essex Integrated Care System (ics.nhs.uk)
- Online: Talk to us about service harmonisation (Online) – Mid and South Essex Integrated Care System (ics.nhs.uk)
In July 2022, a change in the law created a new organisation, NHS Mid and South Essex, to take over local healthcare planning from the five former clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) serving the area.
These five organisations had been responsible for planning, buying and monitoring most local health services. While the majority of their policies were similar, six services had marked differences:
- Weight loss surgery (bariatric surgery)
- Correction for uneven breasts (breast asymmetry)
- Breast reduction
- Female sterilisation
- Vasectomy (male sterilisation)
- Special fertility services (intrauterine insemination or IUI for short, sperm and egg donation, and in-vitro fertilisation, usually called IVF)
Clinical experts in our area have looked at the latest evidence and practice for all six of these services, both nationally and locally, to ensure the local offer is high quality and safe. NHS Mid and South Essex has also already met members of the groups most impacted by the proposals to seek advice on how best to shape the proposals.
Mid and south Essex Integrated Care This week sees the launch of a public consultation to collect wider views and feedback from local residents and staff to inform final decision making.
To find out more information and have your say, please visit this webpage.
The consultation runs from 31 October 2022 until 19 December 2022.