Local charity support family carers and caregivers.
Southend Carers is committed to the empowerment of Carers & the encouragement of a wider recognition of their invaluable contribution to society. We endeavour to provide services to support & advise them, reduce their isolation, help them maintain their caring role and improve their health & wellbeing.
- We provide a one-stop-shop single point with services such as:
- Expert advice, information, outreach and guidance to support caring role
- Young Carers aged 5 to 17 – Weekly & Monthly social meet ups, trips & outings
- Young Adult Carers aged 16 to 25 – as they make the transition to adult services through Social activities, training, guidance and support
- Adults & Senior Adult Carers – Social & practical activities and events, bringing carers together with their peers to socialise, pick up new skills and share experiences.
- Respite services for parents of children with additional needs and their siblings, including family holidays, social events and day trips.
- Emotional support and counselling, offering a safe, confidential and comfortable setting for carers who may feel overwhelmed by their caring role
- Contingency planning to help carers plan for the unexpected so that their loved one is cared for
Carers counselling and emotional support and outreach support.
Our services are able to offer information and advice to anyone across the community, however, anyone wishing to access support services and attend counselling, must be a carer / caregiver.